Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't happen. Not with the Hub anyway.

Comment

You're not actually after PIN control of an I/O linc.
      You should be looking for voice control of your alarm system.
      A quick Google search (Alexa Envisalink) shows MANY forums where this is already being discussed; probably someone has already invented this wheel.

Comment

Thanks ,will discuss on eyezon and Alexa forums.

Comment

Unless insteon decides to let Alexa control it (they won't) it doesn't matter which forum you discuss it on since the hub doesn't allow it to happen. You will need a device that allows it to be used. As long as you stick with the hub, nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
            Unless insteon decides to let Alexa control it (they won't) it doesn't matter which forum you discuss it on since the hub doesn't allow it to happen. You will need a device that allows it to be used. As long as you stick with the hub, nothing will change.
            Homeseer should do this no?

Comment

I havent used homeseer with Alexa in a long time but I don't see why not. I know the ISY can do it but I can't say definitively since I no longer use Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by B-ran View Post
                lilyoyo is right, your a troll. Do you have anything to say that's worth discussing? or are you going to keep complaining?
                Who are you to tell me !
                I will retaliate with people like you

Comment

Ok Insteon its time to get serious about this lack of functions and discontinuing products problem.
                  Stop this madness please,

Comment

You need to face reality about Insteon
                    They will not cater to you nor entertain you, they will however, continue to improve and innovate.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                      Ok Insteon its time to get serious about this lack of functions and discontinuing products problem.
                      Stop this madness please,
                      You want voice control of an alarm system and somehow it's Insteon's problem to solve that for you with hardware that wasn't designed for the purpose in a manner that cannot possibly function the way you want it.
                      Improving a product line generally means that little-used and unpopular lines are discontinued; it's standard practice in any industry.
                      You want a device to do something more than its intended purpose, and blame the manufacturer for your perceived shortfalls in that device when you're not prepared to even define your problem, let alone put in the effort to attempt to build a solution.

I still have a Radioshack TRS80. Who should I complain to that it will not control obsolete Insteon devices and work with my brand new 4K TV?

Please, I implore thee, stop this madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Beelocks View Post

You want voice control of an alarm system and somehow it's Insteon's problem to solve that for you with hardware that wasn't designed for the purpose in a manner that cannot possibly function the way you want it.
                        Improving a product line generally means that little-used and unpopular lines are discontinued; it's standard practice in any industry.
                        You want a device to do something more than its intended purpose, and blame the manufacturer for your perceived shortfalls in that device when you're not prepared to even define your problem, let alone put in the effort to attempt to build a solution.

I still have a Radioshack TRS80. Who should I complain to that it will not control obsolete Insteon devices and work with my brand new 4K TV?

Please, I implore thee, stop this madness.
                        Amen. The sad part is, he can accomplish what he wants, he just doesn't want to do what it takes to get it.

Comment

You pop off at the mouth too, you hypocrite

Comment

You pop off at the mouth too, you hypocrite
                            Why are you back here? If you don't have anything to say that moves things forward just stay off the forums. It's that simple.

Comment

Just proving your an abusive person

Comment

Just proving your an abusive person
                                I'm not abusive. Just have a low tolerance for trolls. If you're not going to contribute anything worthwhile just go back under your bridge and stay there

Comment

Working...
                                X