Outlet with syncrolinc built-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlet with syncrolinc built-in

I'd like to see the syncrolinc technology built into the insteon outlet. This serves 2 purposes. 1 it creates a better look for the home as you no longer need a wall wort sticking out and it gives the ability of added control to your devices that are plugged into it

The difficulty as I see it, having taken apart a Synchrolinc and both Insteon outlets, is size, that is, fitting all the components into a wall size box. The components, even if they existed, would be quite costly. Half the size is usually three or even four times the price.

But, you have a great ides and it's time may come to pass
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I agree. The price would definitely increase but I think it would be worth it. At the very least have it be a pro model (I'd love to see a pro line) wishful thinking but it would be nice

Comment

You got my vote but considering Insteon hasn't even attempted to offer any kind of energy monitoring like so many Z-Wave counter parts. I highly doubt this is something that will come to pass. Keep in mind offering energy monitoring is exactly what the Synchro Linc is and its not just possible it (IS) possible.

Because several vendors such as Aeotek have proven this technology can be incorporated in the same for factor at a reasonable price!
        Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
        X