Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for what company added support to the other company is irrelevant.
    The point is Carrier is a widely used product and should be supported. Period .

Comment

Trane is also widely used. So is Aprilaire and Lennox. And Amana and Rheem and American Standard and Coleman and York and Bryant, all a whole lot more than you would probably guess
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Actually that is the point. You made a statement that came across like someone else saw a need to support carrier when in fact it was the companies themselves that did the work. Your comparison was off base.

In the end, businesses are about making money. While carrier may sell lots of units, there simply isn't enough hub customers to warrant spending the money to support it.

Invest in a thermostat that other companies like to support such as nest and you will be able to use it with a multitude of systems. As long as you continue to look at the cheapest way possible, you will continue to complain about lack of support.
        Last edited by lilyoyo1; 06-30-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Your missing the whole point here.
          Support in the app is what im asking for and im willing to pay for it.
          Last edited by ttantalo; 07-01-2017, 04:24 AM.

Comment

You're missing the point. You complain constantly about a device not having certain things or doing certain things. The fact is, the hub was never designed to be what you want it to be. It is a simple entry level device. It was designed for ease of use to introduce people to automation at a low price point.

Like others have mentioned, it's a cheap device. You got exactly what you paid for. You say you're willing to pay then get the proper device for your needs instead of complaining about the cheapest device on the market not having what you wished it did

In regards to this specific post, despite what you think about carrier, there simply isn't enough of an insteon base clamoring for it's use. Go through the forums, you don't see many people asking for it to be supported. ONLY YOU. Why would any company take valuable resources to make something work for a single customer. It would be cheaper for you to get something that is supported such as nest over them supporting something that a single person is requesting. They are a business. They exist solely to make money. In the end, it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint
            Last edited by richaree; 07-01-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ok well I guess I've been told I'm an invalid, you win richaree .

Comment

I should report you

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                  Ok well I guess I've been told I'm an invalid.
                  Darn, all this time I thought that you were valid

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                    I should report you
                    I hope it's a good report

Comment

Glad we all have a good sense of humor

Comment

Maybe carrier will be supported in the future.

Comment

The home remotes developer has implimented support for carrier in such a short amount of time.
                          I guess im just expecting too much from Insteon, sorry for the confusion.

Comment

The app you keep referring to is designed to be something that is insteon is not. That would be like me going to home remote and asking where the hardware for their app is. They designed their app to control multiple devices for as large of a base as possible. Insteon on the other hand is a hardware mfg. that created a device to introduce people to THEIR hardware. They aren't trying to be a supporter of everyone

Comment

Of course Its like your car goes to shop they tell you they cant do the alignment because something is seized ok why not offer to free up this rusty part for a fee,
                              instead they try to sell you something else instead of supporting and fixing the problem after all your 1000.00 investment can go to sh** just give me your money
                              doesn't make sense...

Comment

If you actually know what the problem is, then go to a different car repair location. There exists honest mechanics.

Comment

Working...
                                X