This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud backups of Hub

I was surprised to see that the Hub does not have an accessible Backup/Restore option.

it seems like this should be an easy enhancement to the cloud feature. One should be able to backup all their devices & scenes to the cloud, and restore these onto a new hub should the Hub require replacement.

I recently switched from ISY to Hub, and had to hard-reset & re-linc every device in the house. ISY networks get complicated quickly, especially when you use KeypadLincs and remotes. It would be awesome if there was a way to preserve these configurations across hardware iterations.

Originally posted by chicagoandy View Post
    I recently switched from ISY to Hub, and had to hard-reset & re-linc every device in the house. ISY networks get complicated quickly, especially when you use KeypadLincs and remotes. It would be awesome if there was a way to preserve these configurations across hardware iterations.
    Why did you change from ISY to hub to control your system. I'm finding that the hub is very limited in what you can do and I'm looking at going the other way and add a ISYlike to hear your reasoning.

Comment

Take a look at the home remotes backup and restore feature , truly innovative . The designer is what insteon needs as well

Comment

Homeseers plugin is much more useful than the insteon app. Not sure why other 3rd party apps and plugins are better than insteon.

Comment

Because they are designed for different markets. Cost comes into the equation as well.

Comment

Insteon should be including this functionality in there own software no?

Comment

I admit that it would be nice but you can't expect much from an 80 dollar controller. You wouldn't buy a Dodge dart expecting Mercedes S600 features would you? If you want higher end features you need to go for higher end controllers. 80 bucks only goes so far

Comment

Lets hope 7 million gets better software.

Comment

or purchase the right products that would fit your needs

Comment

Smartlabs will become a much better company with a 7 million dollar investment and will help the Insteon product line become more competitive in a fast growing market.
                    Insteon has become stagnant and left behind in a sense, have you read the app reviews ? There pretty much all terrible. So yes we can all go out and spend lots of money on all kinds of different products to fit our needs this is true, but where do we draw the line? Insteon has finally taken the necessary steps to become more innovative in a very complicated smarthome world.

Comment

An ISY works wonders with Insteon. So does Homeseer and other software. You really can't expect much from an $80 product.
                      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I don't use the hub as it doesn't fit my needs. I use the ISY which gives me everything I'm looking for and more.

I learned long ago that you get what you pay for. As such I wouldn't spend 80 bucks on any controller hoping and expecting great things out of it.

Case in point since you think insteon is so far behind, none of the cheap hub's offer backup configurations. There simply isn't enough money made to throw in to many features.

Where do we draw the line? The line ends where we feel our money is fits best. Sometimes that means investing instead of settling. You deciding on going as cheap as possible means you get as little as given. Instead of comparing a cheap item to a more expensive item and then complaining about it not being the same, get the right item for your needs

Comment

Insteon will soon give more bang for your buck, just wait and see I have faith.
                          No need to over analyze.

Comment

I'm sure they will....along with the price to match. It definitely won't be with the hub

Comment

Why not ? It seems there focused on the hub 2.
                              It's just time for the app to get a facelift.

Comment

Working...
                              X