Feature Request: Change of Account Email Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Change of Account Email Address

Please give us a way to change the email address used for the hub account login. Right now the only option is to delete your account, create a new one, and start all over from scratch. Let's get creative and think of a way to do this!

I agree. Shouldn't be that big of a deal for the IT people at Insteon. It would even be okay if they had a way for you to contact support and have them change it for you.

Comment

Absolutely. Nest supports this and so do many other companies. I spoke to 2 different tech support people at Insteon, who both said that it currently cannot be done, even by them. But when I pushed, one of them said creating a new account was the only possible way, while the other one said it was a known and documented issue, and there may be a way in the future to change it. So I'll hope that Insteon figures out a way to do this. But you are right, ejt, there should be a way for the Insteon IT folks to do this for us.

Comment

It would be nice to be able to edit all account information at any time.

Comment

I've submitted it as a feature request. I hope Insteon is listening. This seems to be a popular request.

Comment

And do not forget Different User Profile on the app...I don't want my cat -who knows how to switch on lights ;-) be able to delete my account

Comment

Great point Opor! I'd love to give my wife and kids the option to just control lights, and not turn off my home network equipment (which I use for remote power cycles).

Comment

One use case for this would be selling/buying a house that is Insteon equipped. There is ZERO functionality that supports transfer of ownership. I had to con customer support to delete the previous owner's account such that I could reprogram it.

Comment

Working...
                X