Expandable - Tabletop Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expandable - Tabletop Enclosure

I would like to see a new expandable tabletop enclosure where the end user could attach the individual cases from all four sides. This would allow the end user to have any KPL / Switch Linc configured to their environment and needs.

The current enclosure does not fit all of the newer KPL as they are too deep. So that product offering also needs to be upgraded to allow the new deeper KPL design.

http://www.smarthome.com/2402WH/Tabl...c-White/p.aspx
    Teken . . .

I would also be interested in some more desktop enclosure options. A two or three gang enclosure would be an appreciated addition.
    =========================================== My current configuration information: Hub II 1F.66.A4 iPad 2 iOS 8.3 Insteon Alpha 1.9.32a iPad mini iOS 8.3 - Insteon 1.8.0 (Apple App Store) iPhone 5S iOS 8.3 - Insteon 1.7.5 (Apple App Store) 2Wire Router (AT&T Uverse) Insteon Devices: 8 - ControlLinc 5 button desktop 1 - Hub I 1 - ICON Appliance Module 1 - ICON LampLinc 6 - 6 button KeypadLinc Dimmer 3 - 8 button KeypadLinc Dimmer 16 - LampLinc Dimmer 2 - 4 button Mini Remote 2 - 1 button Mini Remote 3 - On/Off Module 8 - SwitchLinc Dimmer 3 - SwitchLinc Relay 4 - Insteon indoor cameras HouseLinc Version 2.10.25 / Device Definition Version 2.9.83 and 6 water leak sensors

Comment

2-gang Tabletop Enclosure

front.jpg
      Last edited by stusviews; 07-20-2014, 01:09 PM.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Ha I recall that you also had some kind of little feet to them before? That is a nice solution but as indicated all four sides for the new model should have a method so it can be attached and expanded based on user / environmental needs.
        Teken . . .

Comment

Considering the trapezoidal side of the tabletop enclosure, it's not feasible to attach something to all four sides. Actually, there are six sides

Here's the feet.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

bringing this back to life.
            anyone have a solution for a tabletop keypad?
            found this: FSR DSKB-1G
            but not that sexy...

Comment

Working...
            X