• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaghuEgg
    replied
    PLM now that they are not sold
    How can you Navigate To The Closest Grocery Store
    Last edited by RaghuEgg; 08-08-2022, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    There is an EBay vendor. That will rebuild your PLM and return it repaired. For a fee.
    There is another vendor that will sell you the needed capacitors needed to rebuild it yourself. Using the information in our very long repair thread on the UDI forums.
    Agreed the crazy bidding on a PLM is mind bending. Sometimes for an older revision of questionable status.

Leave a comment:

• Illusion
    replied
    Well, I think the best evidence for how much someone would pay for a better PLM is what people are willing to pay for the less good PLM now that they are not sold by Smarthome anymore:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Insteon-Sma...orig_cvip=true

$1,140.00

Leave a comment:

• SeanM
    replied
    Possibly. They just announced a new line:

https://www.techhive.com/article/362...n-insteon.html

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    replied
    Am I kicking a dead horse by asking where the 2413S replacement (Pro or otherwise) development is?

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    There is a new PLM in the FCC Database. It does not have all the features you are pointing out but it is probably the next PLM model released eventually.
    Saw this link on the UDI Forums. For the FCC Database information on the 2234-223 Serial Port and 2234-222 USB PLM. It has a 4000 link database. Universal power supply. Faster speed. Serial version can power an external device with 5VDC at 1Amp

Leave a comment:

• InTheDark
    replied
    The “PLM Pro” should have:

Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee and Z-wave.

With Bluetooth or WiFi you could use your smartphone to activate linking mode rather than having to push that little button.

And with WiFi you have the option of forgoing the USB cable to connect to third party devices like the Raspberry Pi.

With Zigbee and Z-wave it would open the door for easier integration with other products. Having a closed ecosystem only works for Apple.

Providing Zigbee and Z-wave could entice others to try Insteon.

Surge and brownout protection

10k links

5 year warranty.

Leave a comment:

• Wayneb
    replied
    Good to hear, I can wait to hear, just hope it is not too long before you guys announce all your great new plans and devices, hope there is a big push to up the market share for Insteon.

Leave a comment:

• SteveL
    replied
    There has been a lot of speculation as to what insteon is up to.

I can confirm that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that I wish I could share publicly now. For anyone that would like to talk to me directly I would be happy to talk to you.

Just email me your name and phone number.

slee@insteon.com

regards,

Steve Lee
    Insteon

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    Richmond Capital Partners took over Smatlabs in June of 2017. So far the only thing I have seen is products discontinued. Now that doesn't mean there are not unannounced plans for new Insteon devices in the works.
    They are very protective of the Insteon protocol and I doubt it will ever be shared with others. In the early days of Insteon there where a few companies that where interested with Insteon but it all fell through. Some went to the Z-Wave protocol.

Leave a comment:

• Wayneb
    replied
    Maybe the new owner might be better to deal with, I don't know what has changed since then. I have not added any new Insteon stuff in years but I do have some spares on hand that have not been installed yet. It seems Insteon is still not very well known even though they have been around a long time. If you go to Reddit where the younger crowd hangs out the Home Automation forum has 323K subscribers and the Insteon forum only has 291. I would like to see Insteon technology licensed to other companies so it is not just one manufacturer selling it, Z-wave stuff is everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    After Universal Designs designing their own PLM replacement and having some engineering prototypes to test with.
    Smartlabs reversed their promise to provide the firmware in chips or programming images. The project had to be shelved years ago.
    There designs are solid and we would not have the PLM we are still forced to use.

Leave a comment:

• Wayneb
    replied
    An ISY still needs a PLM to function, something built to a much higher standard designed to last for many years would be one thing, the thread is full of suggestions that people want, I like the idea of being able to upgrade the firmware and also an external antenna should be high on the list.

Leave a comment:

• lilyoyo1
    replied
    What benefit would you get from a plm pro that you already don't have by using the isy?

Leave a comment:

• Wayneb
    replied
    Is anyone still listening to Insteon users? Why isn't there a higher grade Pro PLM yet? I fear Insteon will not last much longer in the market if they don't start taking it more seriously and address the needs and wants of their user base. I have been using Insteon since almost the beginning, I almost dumped it all over the old PLC problems, only switching to an ISY-99i and a PLM setup kept me using Insteon but I had started to switch over to Lutron RadioRA, had it not been so expensive to switch I would have been long gone by now. I have been using Insteon since late January 2006 and if not for UDI and their outstanding ISY controllers I would never recommend Insteon to anybody. I would gladly pay as much for a true Pro grade PLM as I did for my ISY-994i ZWIR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X