Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion
    replied
    You can turn off writes to battery powered devices, you cannot stop the PLM from receiving RF communications

Leave a comment:

• cnorris
    replied
    I thought it was possible to turn off RF with the ISY??

Leave a comment:

• majkman
    replied
    Making the PLM send and receive signal levels adjustable would be fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• BLH
    replied
    Insteon Power Line Modem
    Present models 2413S Serial or 2413U USB.

Leave a comment:

• ChasAlmy
    replied
    OK, I'll bite: what is PLM

Leave a comment:

• Teken
    replied
    I would like to add that moving forward this device be field upgradable in terms of firmware. Reliability, QA must be at the for front for this new device.

Leave a comment:

• Illusion
    started a topic PLM Pro

PLM Pro

The serial PLM is the most important Insteon device in my system. I would love a higher end version of this vital module. I would be willing to pay 3-4X more for it.

Feature requests include:

1. Switch to turn off RF communication
    2. Switch to turn off Power Line communication
    3. External antenna included or optional
    4. Increased link storage capacity
    5. Increased robustness. They seem too delicate to be the backbone of my system based on user reviews and personal experience.
    6. Field upgradable firmware

Number 1 and 2 allow for additional troubleshooting options. But just as important, it allows for the PLM to be in a quiet environment for certain advanced operations by turning off both 1 and 2. I use an ISY and counting links in the PLM is difficult for me. I have thermostats and motion detectors that communicate often and that can make link counts troublesome. Also, restoring a PLM is difficult for me because of the constant communication from many many devices. It is tough for me to obtain a quiet Insteon environment for the long periods of time some of these operations consume.

Edit: Hi guys, thanks for all the comments and likes. I think I am going to edit my original post to include some of your feature requests so that the whole thread does not have to be scoured to see what the community is thinking.
    Last edited by Illusion; 01-10-2017, 08:25 AM.
Working...
X