This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnyG View Post

I use the standard non-dimming Insteon switches and I do not have any buzzing.
    same - make sure the fan is hooked up to a insteon on/off switch (they click on and off) and not a switchlinc dimmer. Fans/motors cannot be hooked up to a dimmer

Comment

Start by bringing back the bread and butter devices:

1. switchlinc dimmer - start manufacturing them - see if they can be compatible with more LED bulbs (currently many LED bulbs flicker with the switchlinc dimmer) - cree and philips work best right now

2. On/OFF modules: outdoor, switchlinc on/off wall switch and plugin

3. Lamplinc Dimmers

4. A hub that has solid components and won't keep dying and a way to swap out the hub by allowing config to backup to the cloud and allowing an owner to transfer their config themselves to a replacement hub.

5. An app update that can perform "link cleanup" and remove dead links.

Comment

I know they aren't very popular, and may think not needed, but I could really use some range extenders. Some of my devices won't work dependably without having some plugged in!

Comment

Originally posted by DevenLF View Post
          I know they aren't very popular, and may think not needed, but I could really use some range extenders. Some of my devices won't work dependably without having some plugged in!
          Range extenders aren’t a thing anymore. Every dual band lamp dimmer or on/off module or outdoor module has the same technology built-in, so instead of buying another dedicated device, you can plug in one of those anywhere you want to boost your mesh network. You don’t need to plug anything into them if you only need the extender functionality.

Comment

TFitzatri8 - Thank you for information on Extenders - but I already have a few and there is a distance between our house and garage where they would fit the bill by extending my network range in this dead area.

I am assuming that if an Insteon Range Extender is connected within range of other insteon devices - it is going to receive signals and then transmit them regardless of whether the Extender is tied to the Insteon hub or not.

Am I correclt in assuming this?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X