No announcement yet.

Amazon Echo integration (app)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to see a hub that supports both Echo and HomeKit. First one to get there, gets my business.

Comment

Good idea, but they're competing technologies, not unlike Android and iOS.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I don't consider them competing. I think of them as complimentary.

Comment

Hmm, Apple has sued Samsung for competing unfairly. And Amazon won't sell Google nor Apple TVs.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Anyone interested in developing an Echo - Insteon app for the older hub (2242-222)? If not, I may develop one myself using https://developer.amazon.com/public/...a-Lighting-API. I'd also add in thermostat controls and include the ability to control the fan, since it's silly that the existing Insteon/Echo app only controls the light on the fan. That being said, I expect that Insteon developers are working on things like that, but I doubt they'll touch the old hub.
            Hub: Hub 2 (39:35:10) | Phones: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0) | Insteon devices: 25+

Comment

Originally posted by AngelArs
              This sounds like a nice idea considering that Insteon won't let people buy the new HomeKit enabled hub.
              http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2243-222-hub-pro.html

Comment

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inst...919270334?mt=8

Comment

It looks like Lutron wins. They have full HomeKit support, plus some extensions that HomeKit doesn't support yet like sunrise/sunset supported on their own servers. They recently released Amazon Echo support for lights and switches.

Comment

Just be aware, Lutron does not offer full homekit support. Tto use Lutron with other homekit devices (outside of thermostats) you will not be able to add them to Lutrons app which will cost you many of the benefits that it provides.

Comment

Guys,
                      you can use the apps Yonomi to use Alexa with Insteon in Canada.

very simple to setup.

Comment

For those following this thread, just wanted to let you know that today at around 1PM PT, we updated our Insteon Alexa Skill. If you are getting any unresponsive errors back from Alexa, re-run discovery to ensure you are on the latest version. Also, with this update you will notice that in the Alexa app Insteon devices are finally up-to-date with the following:
                        • Insteon devices will show up with new icons which help distinguish between Lights, Plugs, Switch. See what device types are without relying on the name. This will also show a new (and arguably better) control interface
                        • Insteon scenes will display under Scenes instead of Devices
                          You can now see the status of Insteon devices
                        And finally, for our friends up north:
                        • Our skill is now available in Canada
                        If you have any questions or issues, let us know!

Insteon Stats
                        User since: 2005
                        House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
                        Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

No. Still a problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X