Sunset / Sunrise time offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset / Sunrise time offset

On the Insteon Hub, it would be great if I could set devices to go on or off by some time offset (say 30 minutes) before or after sunrise and sunset.

I find that in the rooms where I have interior lights set to go on at sunset if I'm in the room, I need to manually turn them on 15 or 30 minutes early.

Thanks

Having the offset would be a terrific addition. I would like to turn off my outside lights before sunrise. I need to turn on my interior lights 20 minutes before sunset because of a hill to my west. Thanks.

Comment

Yes I was hoping for that also. Off a set time after sunset. That would help if someone were casing your house as off time would not be the same everyday.

Comment

Another vote for Sunrise and Sunset offsets. In addition, I'd like the ability to add some randomness to either a fixed time or the Sunrise/Sunset + offset. The idea is to simulate a little more natural operation when away from home.

Comment

Agreed, the current implementation of Sunrise/Sunset is useless as I can't see my hand in front of my face at sunset before the lights turn on.

Comment

Add my vote for this feature. The Sunset/Sunrise option if fairly useless without this offset, we need a way to have a variable start/stop that will adjust with the changing sun cycle. It seems like it would be a relatively easy feature to implement. What is the possibility of having this feature added?

Comment

Sunset and Sunrise should also be able to be assigned to more than one scene or device .

Comment

All device that are set to turn on (or off) at or near the same time should be included in the same scene to avoid "flooding" the powerline with Insteon signals. There is no need to individually schedule devices that urn on at the same time.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
                X