Temperature/Humidity Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature/Humidity Sensor

I would like to recommend/request a sensor to be developed specifically testing the temperature/humidity at a specific location so that you can set notifications if the temperature/humidity is too high or low. I know a similar sensor exists with the SmartThings set and a similar one would be very helpful for me. I know with SmartThings they incorporate a temperature sensor into the leak sensor so that would be ideal but I can understand the need for a separate device. I would like to place one behind my washing machine next to an exterior wall and would rather not put a full wireless thermostat back there. I know you can use an I/O device with a temperature gauge, but it is not battery powered so getting it into a small difficult to reach place wouldn't be easy. Thank you for listening to my recommendation.

​+1

Desired features:

​- Support for a temperature ranges beyond typical household conditions,
    ​- Options for sensor inputs (submersible, wireless? 1-wire, etc.)
    ​- Ability to report the actual temperature (not just trigger on a set point).

Nice-to-have features:

- Potentially near-real-time reporting (via push?).

Myriad Potential applications:

​Spa/Pool temperature control
    Refrigeration control/alarming
    Freeze detection, pipe protection
    Ambient air temperature detection/fan control automation
    Automated (humidity based) bathroom fan operation, attic fan operation
    ​Garage heater control/gas fireplace control
    Roof ice abatement, automated satellite dish heater
    ​Remote monitoring of second/vacation homes
    ​Outdoor pet safety
    ​Driveway/sidewalk heater/anti-icing control

This one is soooo obvious!

Comment

I also would like a simple temperature sensor that is compatible with the hub and I can monitor remotely. I have a mountain cabin and would like to monitor the outside temperature remotely.

Comment

Working...
      X