No announcement yet.

House Linc - On going development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but some devices like the Dual Band Outlet. Still can only have one of the two controlled. From what I have seen.
    They did add the latest 2413S Rev 2 PLM's ID. To the devices.xml file.

Comment

Please continue to support houselinc since there is not much else out there to manage links in an insteon system when using software like openhab to run the network.

Comment

image_1500.png I had a 2476D dimmer die, and replaced it with a spare from my basement. It immediately died, too. Sigh. I then ordered a new 2477D dimmer, the older model not being available any more. I then tried to program it using HouseLinc, which failed. I contacted SmartHome Insteon Support, and confirmed that, likely due to the Microsoft deal, and the new Hub II and smartphone apps that are much more popular, HouseLinc is virtual abandonware. The auto-update function in HouseLinc is no longer functional, but he pointed me at an updated Device.xml file that might solve my problem; it's at

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...c?rq=houselinc
        I installed it per the instructions. Didn't work.

I have a programming background, so I suppose I could get an ISY and spend all my time learning how to do fancy things with Insteon. But I'm not really interested in doing that. I just want my external lights to continue to turn on 15 minutes before sunset, and off at 11 PM, as they do now, and that dead switch turns on the light outside my side door. Sigh again. And the Hub II doesn't support such program. Third deep sigh.

But then I saw the note above about adding a line to the Devices.xml file. I tried this and it worked!

A more detailed explanation:
        Edit the Devices.xml file in an ASCII editor (Notepad.exe will work, I used my UltraEdit).
        Search for 2477, to get you to the right part of the file. To the list there, add this line:

<revision revNumber="Ox44" />

See the attached picture for how it looks in UltraEdit.

Hope this helps someone else. Maybe it will keep HouseLinc going until the Hub/smartphone system develops a bit further.

Comment

Would Like to see Houselinc updated and support continued.

Comment

Working...
          X