• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT would be great...

Comment

Agreed. IFTTT should be standard.

Comment

+1 for IFTTT (seeing that IFTTT is pretty much the defacto standard for IoT automation)

Comment

If anyone happens to be looking for a solution. Here's a post I wrote. It uses the new IFTTT maker channel to control my Insteon devices.
          Last edited by Brandon Goode; 08-07-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I really can't believe this isn't done yet. The Insteon Hub is a cloud device, I don't see any reason that this can't be done. It would be an instant upgrade to Insteon capabilities and free advertising for Insteon devices.

Comment

It should be noted as of January 30, 2016 Universal Devices Inc (UDI) the maker of the ISY-994 Series Controller has officially launched IFTTT support via their cloud hosted service.

The related resource link can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/t...ifttt-support/

Lastly, it should be noted if a person also had the *Network Module* they could also interact with the IFTTT service.
              Last edited by EVIL Teken; 12-15-2016, 11:02 AM.
              Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

This is a great idea. Would love to see this happen soon. I've only just begun to tech out my house, so have not invested that heavily into insteon yet. This would clinch the deal.

Comment

+1 for IFTTT ... I notice there's not a ton of "likes" on this topic but there are almost 5800 views. I have to assume those views are people like me searching to see if insteon and ifttt work together ~ so the interest is definitely there, even if they didn't take the time to sign up on the forum and go back to this thread just to "like" it.
                  Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
                  Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
                  53 Insteon devices

Comment

Originally posted by kenrok1 View Post
                    +1 for IFTTT ... I notice there's not a ton of "likes" on this topic but there are almost 5800 views. I have to assume those views are people like me searching to see if insteon and ifttt work together ~ so the interest is definitely there, even if they didn't take the time to sign up on the forum and go back to this thread just to "like" it.
                    It does have the most likes of any feature request, but since it's been almost 18 months since this thread was started, and no confirmation from staff, I'd assume it's not going to happen or is not a priority...too bad, seems like solid hardware, but not looking forward enough on software integration and stability (android app connection issues)..

Comment

In a round about way you can use IFTTT with Insteon through Logitech harmony hub, but you shouldn't have to buy additional hardware, Insteon should just add support for it directly, (and pebble support too - not everyone can afford an Apple Watch )

Comment

Not everyone could afford a Hub if capabilities such as conditionals and external triggers were added. It's a lot more involved than, "it should be easy to ...." The Hub is meant to be an easy entry level device into HA. For many people, that's adequate. If you want something more powerful, than it'll probably cost more.

I don't have an Apple watch. I don't even wear a watch
                        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am not opposed to paying for this feature if it's natively supported by Insteon. I did read there are workarounds, such as the harmony or the automategreen subscription service noted above ~ I just don’t want to rely on an added hop.

I also was willing to buy the hub pro but the [lack of] garage door controller or working with existing garage door control is a deal breaker for me… but that’s a different topic.

I think what a lot of people are asking is why do all the mainstream z-wave / zigbee hubs, all in the same general price range, support IFTTT.
                          Where as Insteon (which is my platform of choice because I believe it to be superior in most other regards) doesn’t yet, at least not with the hubs made by Insteon.
                          Last edited by kenrok1; 02-17-2016, 02:45 PM.
                          53 Insteon devices

Comment

Which Z-Wave or ZigBee hubs that support both Insteon and IFTTT are in the same price range as the Insteon Hub?
                            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                              Which Z-Wave or ZigBee hubs that support both Insteon and IFTTT are in the same price range as the Insteon Hub?
                              Hi Stu - I just re-read my post and saw how you got that. I reworded to be clearer. I did not mean to say the z-wave / zigbee hubs also supported Insteon.
                              53 Insteon devices

Comment

All I can say is BOO for Insteon not utilizing IFTTT !!! Instead it is a "oh, buy a harmony hub", yeah, that is a workaround...spend more. I have been using Insteon devices since 2006 and it amazes me that a company that can pair up with Microsoft can't keep up with new smaller companies that offer IFTTT. I am really re-thinking the company and the products. More and more companies are on the home automation wagon...and if Insteon can't keep up, maybe it is time to jump.

Comment

Working...
                                X