Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stusviews
    replied
    There's software that can accomplish what you want. Also the ISY can do that. You can also wire a Micro Module to the timer switch.

Leave a comment:

• NSFW
    replied
    I agree with this thread, I'd like my outside lights to come on about a half-hour before sunset, and turn off a half-hour after sunrise.

Better yet, also allow some randomization, e.g. +/- 15 minutes from the specified time, so that it doesn't look like there's a computer controlling everything.

I have the outside lights on my porch and garage controlled by an in-wall switch that has a built-in timer with these features. I'd kinda like to replace those with Insteon switches but that would mean giving up the randomization and the offsets. It's funny how i have to choose between a computer-controlled home automation system (Insteon) or standalone light-switches from Home Depot that actually have the features that I want.

Leave a comment:

• stusviews
    replied
    There is no need to individually schedule device to turn on (or off) at the same time. Such device should all be members of the same scene since they all turn on (or off) at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• kerensen
    replied
    Sunset and Sunrise should also be able to be assigned to more than one scene or device.

Leave a comment:

• nakedsavage
    replied
    What about the new Hub Pro? There's no documentation available yet. Will this hub be capable of sunrise/sunset offsets? Random times?

Leave a comment:

• CheesePatrol
    replied
    Originally posted by cdecker View Post
    The Hub simply does not have the power to have such conditional programming.
    That's why it is so much more affordable than the ISY.
    Is the hardware really that bad that it can't handle what should be pretty simple conditional triggers?

Leave a comment:

• Benfam
    replied
    Can Insteon tell us how the sunset is calculated? I tried changing location, by name and by Long/Lat, and still get the same sunset time. Can we offset our hub time?

Leave a comment:

• cdecker
    replied
    The Hub simply does not have the power to have such conditional programming.
    That's why it is so much more affordable than the ISY.

It really just comes down to hardware. For +/- times of sunset/sunrise the ISY is a phenomenal device. For every other condition as well, it's an excellent controller and I couldn't recommend it more. Only drawback is the price tag.
    http://www.smarthome.com/isy994i-hom...-band-plm.html

The Hub doesn't have the same capability, but for $39.99 it's pretty impressive.
    http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2245-222-hub.html

Leave a comment:

• bluecadet3
    replied
    +1 Would love to have an offset ability

Leave a comment:

• MidwestSpirit
    replied
    +1 Another important thing is Safety. Some parts of the house are dark enough to trip over furniture just before the 'sunset' lights come on.

Leave a comment:

• sergeb
    replied
    +1 Please implement the offset - I doubt there is a hardware problem, shouldn't be difficult. I just moved from the HouseLinc software to Hub 2 and was shocked the base feature like this missing in a Gen 2 device! Even the dumb programmable timers have that... To make matters worse, the new Hub doesn't support HouseLinc. Please get the Offset feature (and the Security random offset if you could) into the new Hub software. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• umctg
    replied
    I'd also like the +/- from Sunrise/Sunset. Something is calculating the sunrise/sunset times based on the location. This time changes reasonably frequently. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to add an offset to that value.

Leave a comment:

• jweinel
    replied
    Absolutely agree, the "security" option for timed events should be added!

Leave a comment:

• vasilemj
    replied
    +1 here as well. Without this random +/- 30 minute feature, my dad will not migrate to Insteon. He likes this security feature that his current X10 tabletop controller provides. Here's hoping we'll see this in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• wister
    replied
    +1 here, too. It appears to be the only way to get numbers of my X10 devices to turn on/off at about sunset/sunrise. I did submit a feedback request. Did you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X