Combo motion detect / wall switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combo motion detect / wall switch

It would be nice if a single device existed that both detected motion, turned the local load on/off, and reported all these activities to the Insteon hub. Switches like this have been around the Leviton/Lutron world for a long time.

Hey there,

I totally get your point about wanting a device that can do it all - detect motion, control local loads, and report activities to the Insteon hub. While Leviton/Lutron have had those switches for a while, the smart home market is always evolving and there are now plenty of other options available that might fit your needs.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:53 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Despite the obvious spam postings on this suggestion, I believe a combination Switch and Motion sensor is a GREAT idea. I am quite tired of changing the batteries on my Motion 2 sensors, and putting them at each end of the hallway when there is already a paddle switch in that vicinity that could play both roles if the motion sensor was built in. I would increase the number of motion sensors and automation opportunities enormously with such a device.

I would recommend implementing it in a way that it could be used in conjunction with the local load or independently similar to having both devices.

+1
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
        Despite the obvious spam postings on this suggestion, I believe a combination Switch and Motion sensor is a GREAT idea. I am quite tired of changing the batteries on my Motion 2 sensors, and putting them at each end of the hallway when there is already a paddle switch in that vicinity that could play both roles if the motion sensor was built in. I would increase the number of motion sensors and automation opportunities enormously with such a device.

I would recommend implementing it in a way that it could be used in conjunction with the local load or independently similar to having both devices.

+1
        Andy
        Whether you're teaming up with friends for cooperative missions or engaging in intense player-versus-player battles, the game's online community is thriving and welcoming. It fosters a sense of camaraderie and competition that keeps players coming back for more, long after the initial release.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 10-11-2023, 11:55 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X