Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matter

I think the next Insteon hub should have Matter support and become a Matter bridge. A lot of that work was put in to the HomeKit hub and it would put Insteon back on the map.

I'm in full agreement. I looked on the Matter website and didn't see Insteon as one of the systems with plans to integrate. It would be nice to see Insteon be proactive for a change.

Comment

It would not be hard to join. I do think one of the biggest mistakes was not continuing with HomeKit when they were one of the first to do it. Just on a list of many mistakes. They should do it now; with a new hub.

Comment

UDI has a board for their Polisy. That has Matter and other features.

Comment

Originally posted by silverton38 View Post
          I think the next Insteon hub should have Matter support and become a Matter bridge. A lot of that work was put in to the HomeKit hub and it would put Insteon back on the map.
          They said early on their new hub would be Matter compatible

Comment

Originally posted by silverton38 View Post
            It would not be hard to join. I do think one of the biggest mistakes was not continuing with HomeKit when they were one of the first to do it. Just on a list of many mistakes. They should do it now; with a new hub.
            It wasn't a mistake when it didn't sell. It contributed to their downfall

Comment

• jhdick01
              jhdick01 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had the HubPro and had so many issues with it. Insteon replaced it multiple times and there was always something. Abandoning HomeKit wasn't the solution. Fixing the hub so it worked correctly would have been, at least for me. I do hope the next Insteon Hub supports Matter. I for one would snap it up quick if it does. I'm running Insteon Local on HomeBridge now and it gives me HomeKit control, but it can be a pain as well. I just want a simple solution that works. I have all my fingers crossed that the new Insteon owners get it right. I know, what's right for me, might not Matter for anyone else (pun intended), but having a product that supports everyone makes sense.

I’ve been watching Ken’s updates to see some notice about Matter support. Is a new hub a priority or are they just focusing on continuing to support the existing hub and products?

Comment

Working...
            X