Sensors, Relays and Contact closures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensors, Relays and Contact closures

I would love to see Insteon sensors and contact closures in mutliple varieties e.g. Temperature, Humidity, Air quality and glassbreak as well as multi channel contact closure sensors and relay devices. I would also love to see a universal gateway device that could interface ISY or Home Assistant type products as well as act as a Matter border router device.

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.LHI Provider Portal Sign In
    Last edited by Marlene69; 08-12-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I agree. Right now, I am using multiple I/O Lincs to control water valves (turn off water if leak is detected, turn on water to fill pool using voice commands, turn on sprinklers based on time of day and outside temperature, turn on spa pumps in winter if temp drops below 40 degrees, turn on multiple home audio amplifiers through low voltage triggers, etc.). It was very expensive to buy all of those I/O lincs. It would be great to have a more economical multi-channel low voltage device. Also, I have a few high voltage devices (three pool pumps, well pump, water heater that are controlled by 240v relay switches. I was so disappointed when they discontinued them. I had a lightning strike which destroyed a few of my devices and one of my 240v load controllers was a casualty. I had to bite the bullet and buy some zwave devices to replace my dead Insteon controllers. I'm hoping they become available again soon so I can get back to being a fully Insteon home.

Comment

Purchasing so many I/O lincs came at a high cost. An affordable multi-channel low-voltage gadget would be fantastic. In addition, I use 240v relay switches to manage certain high-voltage equipment (three pool pumps, a well pump, and a water heater). When they stopped making them, I was devastated. One of my 240v load controllers was damaged when lightning struck my facility.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:25 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X