How about some OLD devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about some OLD devices?

I've had two units go bad in the past two months. Came here to replace them, and "out of stock." Had to go to the used market to get replacements.
    The stock situation here seems untenable. Want a simple dimmer wall switch? Insteon offers five different models... and you can't buy any of them.
    I haven't received any information from the company about its plans to get product into warehouses again. What's going on, people???
    If I'm forced into patronizing the used market very much longer, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a transition strategy and leave Insteon behind, something I really don't want to have to do.

Maybe they think they have... but I'm living proof they haven't been succeeding.

Comment

I made a number of orders directly from Smarthome; if that wouldn't put me on their customer list, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by LHaven View Post
        I made a number of orders directly from Smarthome; if that wouldn't put me on their customer list, why not?
        The smarthome email list got one email a few weeks ago announcing it was the only email that would be sent to that list. It included a link to opt in for insteon's email list. It did not filter to junk on my email. You can also visit insteon.com and find a block in the footer of every single page that allows you to subscribe.

In case you've missed the news, the former company Smartlabs went bankrupt and closed completely near the end of April. About 6 weeks later in mid-June the assets were purchased and the new owners are struggling to get all the details covered. When they purchased the company there was no significant existing inventory, ordering new runs isn't like placing an order in your web browser at smarthome.com They are working to get new product in stock, but ordering and buying from China takes time... Months... not weeks or days.

Comment

Working...
        X