List of Discontinued Items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Discontinued Items?

This subforum seems to be worthless, I don't think the people at Insteon listen whatsoever. Especially since they have not discontinued so many items. I only find out they are gone when I try to purchase one...quite frustrating.

Is there a list of discontinued items that is kept up-to-date we can reference? Or maybe can this forum be changed to "Insteon Device Discontinued Items" instead?

This is a peer 2 peer forum. While Insteon will sometimes comment on here, this isn't the place to connect with them. They have official channels if you're looking for dialogue with them

Comment

I work in the forum industry and it is highly unusual for a company to run an unmoderated forum with zero participation like this forum has. Insteon has felt like a ghost ship for the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardsharp View Post
        I work in the forum industry and it is highly unusual for a company to run an unmoderated forum with zero participation like this forum has. Insteon has felt like a ghost ship for the last two years.
        I can think of quite a few forums where the company had limited participation

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post

I can think of quite a few forums where the company had limited participation
          Successful ones?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle77 View Post

Successful ones?
            That's right. C4 Creston, Lutron, ubiquity, and savant are just a few. Anyone can claim they work in the forum industry (how that matters i don't know since they're general individualized) but it is what it is

Comment

Agreed, there are many unofficial but popular forums out there where, somewhat understandably, the companies do not actively participate. But this one is the formal, company-sponsored and hosted support site. But participation and support from Insteon employees is virtually non-existent,

Comment

This thread seems to have gone from a question about discontinued items to a discussion about whether forums are moderated by company employees. Off topic much?

The easy way to see if an item is available or not is to try and purchase one. Obviously, this won't tell you if it's discontinued as the vendor may be selling old stock, but does it really matter about the current manufacturing status?

You're in the field of powerline and RF technology. If you don't want to buy something that is discontinued (or likely to be discontinued) I suggest you buy something that will never be made obsolete; perhaps a rock or some dirt

Comment

Originally posted by eagle77 View Post
                  Agreed, there are many unofficial but popular forums out there where, somewhat understandably, the companies do not actively participate. But this one is the formal, company-sponsored and hosted support site. But participation and support from Insteon employees is virtually non-existent,
                  Actually it's not. It was created to be a peer to peer forum. For company help, they prefer that a person go through the proper channels and contact their customer support department.

Comment

Working...
                  X