2452-222 DIN rail dimmer Discontinued ? Please bring it back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452-222 DIN rail dimmer Discontinued ? Please bring it back

Insteon seems to be moving away from wired in devices which is one thing that set them apart from the 'big box' wall switch companies. The DIN rail mount devices are a good example of innovation and a core building block of creating complex lighting systems. As lighting control moves more towards headless control ( control of lighting and equipment without wall switches) via voice or automation, the need for embedded wire in devices is getting more important. Insteon needs to look where the market is going versus where past sales have been. the embedded devices were way ahead of their time. A focus on wall switches is not a differentiator but just a me-to product in a world where wall switches are going to become the secondary control.

Thank you
    Warren Smith
    Master IIoT Consultant

I doubt secondary switches will ever become secondary. While it may look nice on the surface, once terrible his people quickly realize how bad of an idea that is. I've lost count on the number of homes that I've re-done due to being unable to sell for this reason.....most are turned off by it.

It was discontinued for lack of sales. Some of the other embedded products will hopefully make a comeback with the amount of people complaining over it. I'm hoping that will as many will simply choose other protocols instead of the insteon ecosystem.

Comment

They have also discontinued their micro dimmer switches, their InlineLinc switches, their hidden door sensors and even the little bracket to mount a remote switch on a wall...all things I was trying to purchase on Black Friday. WTF is going on over there?!!

Comment

Working...
      X