Insteon Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Lighting

You guys used to make a light bulb, I would definitely buy a bunch if you started making them again.

Bulb Features
    - multiple different models
    - flickering protection
    - long lasting, durable bulb
    - cost effective bulb
    - energy efficient

model A
    - led bulb
    - basic soft white

model B
    - led bulb
    - basic warm white

model C
    - led bulb
    - basic soft white default
    - color changing ability

Hub Integration Features
    - ability to change bulb color on certain scene event (i.e. - motion detected, momentarily change bulb color)
    - ability to flicker lights a preset number of times according to certain activity
    - ability to automatically shut on and off with schedules, or scene sensors
    - ability to set color scheduling (wake up to a certain color, flash at a certain time)
    - third party API integration for controlling the bulbs (the possibilities are endless here)

Unfortunately not enough users wanted to buy bulbs the first time around. Depending on what software yourey using, you can integrate with hue bulbs which would give you all that

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Unfortunately not enough users wanted to buy bulbs the first time around. Depending on what software yourey using, you can integrate with hue bulbs which would give you all that
      Or the new Ikea bulbs, which are surprisingly good for their price point.

I have exactly two Insteon bulbs and only use them because they were gifts and the switch was a pain to re-wire, and dozens and dozens of switches. The switches couples with Philips Warm Glow bulbs give much better light more consistently than the bulbs, and fit in all of my fixtures.

Comment

Ikea bulbs aren't as popular in automation circles as hue and lifx as mostmdevelopers oslook atathe popular lines. You may need to search to find what automation hubs would allow you to integrate insteon easily with them. As long as they have an API available, it is possible for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
          Ikea bulbs aren't as popular in automation circles as hue and lifx as mostmdevelopers oslook atathe popular lines. You may need to search to find what automation hubs would allow you to integrate insteon easily with them. As long as they have an API available, it is possible for that to happen.
          That's correct, but there is a Python library for them and they just brought a ton of products to the US, so I'd expect that to change soon-ish. And of course, you can use a Hue hub with Ikea bulbs.

Comment

I'll second this. WiFi bulbs are really popular, I wish Insteon would get back in the game with their own bulbs so that I don't have to do one off solutions with WiFi bulbs from other vendors.

Comment

Working...
            X