Bring back the 2732-242 Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the 2732-242 Thermostat

Heat pump users unite! Please bring back a heat pump compatible Insteon thermostat!

They discontinued it because heat pump users weren't buying it. Hopefully theylltcreate a new one at some point which can work with heat pumps as well.

Personally I wish they'd forget about thermostats and partner with a company such as ecobee to get a module working with that.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      They discontinued it because heat pump users weren't buying it. Hopefully theylltcreate a new one at some point which can work with heat pumps as well.

Personally I wish they'd forget about thermostats and partner with a company such as ecobee to get a module working with that.
      Insteon needs more professional options within their realm. Some companies have set the standard well. Insteon needs to do more research.

Comment

I have the insteon thermostat and I love it, works great, turns on and off AC/Heat from alexa and set temperature. I never get up anymore. I don't know why they discontinued it?

Comment

Bummer. So that have discontinued it? That is such a bad thing to do when everyone should be switching to heat pumps to save the planet!

It is not just commercial systems which use the extra wire, and so need this thermostat, I have domestic heat pumps which do too.

Is anyone from Insteon staff on this forum? If so could they take note, and let us know is there are plans to fix this? I can use the old thermostats ion heat mode until the spring then I need special heat pump ones.

Comment

put me on the list as someone who wants one. I should have bought it when it was available but I have a multistage at the time which it didn't support, My new HeatPump is a single stage and would have no issue.

Comment

another frustrated user. without thinking I bought an insteon 2441th and was stymied with the wiring. I did not notice the existence (no more!!!! boo hoo) of 2732-242. Please provide such a thermostat.

Comment

any news on an updated Thermostat?

Comment

Working...
                X