Temperature Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Sensor

For at least four or five years many users have asked for a simple thermometer that is compatible with the Hub II, so it can be read remotely. Is this ever going to happen? I bought a remote thermostat and rewired it with the outside sensor connected to where the inside sensor normally is. It reads the outside temperature perfectly, but will NOT connect remotely, no matter what I do.
    We need a simple temperature sensor! I have a mountain cabin and need to monitor the inside and outside temperatures.

Have you tried connecting an external power supply to the remote thermostat? I had the same issue with mine. I have 2 of them. Could not connect to the hub to be read remotely while on battery. I used an old usb brick and a USB cable with the red and black wires connected to the external power terminals of the remote thermostat. I can read them remotely just fine now..

Comment

Originally posted by cksedg View Post
      For at least four or five years many users have asked for a simple thermometer that is compatible with the Hub II, so it can be read remotely. Is this ever going to happen? I bought a remote thermostat and rewired it with the outside sensor connected to where the inside sensor normally is. It reads the outside temperature perfectly, but will NOT connect remotely, no matter what I do.
      We need a simple temperature sensor! I have a mountain cabin and need to monitor the inside and outside temperatures.
      I finally gave up on waiting for such a device. I now use CAO Tags for that purpose and for monitoring motion. I love them.

Comment

I would like to be able to monitor the spa temp. I have a RTD temperature sensor that is displayed on a local readout. Sure would be nice to see the temp in the app.

Comment

Working...
        X