Camera Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Integration

I was pretty stoked when my new Insteon system set up so easily, and reached modules in the furthest corners of our home without a problem. However now I'm completely bummed. The whole reason for choosing Insteon was because of the integrated camera functions. Even called them and asked about routing footage to the hard drive on my computer and got a thumbs up on that. I've now ordered cameras (Insteon) from three places, only to have them delay shipping because of back order status, or, the last order, placed on Amazon last week, refunded as NLA. Sure enough, upon calling Insteon support this morning, I was finally told they no longer make or support cameras at all. OH NO! Called smarthome, and of course learned they are one and the same. Seems there is no solution now but to buy cameras from another company and run two separate apps. Am I missing something? Are there cameras out there that will integrate with the Insteon Hub? Thanks. Dave

Nope. None at all. Hopefully once their new app is released, they will allow 3rd party camera support

Comment

Wow. And there seems to be some concern, judging by the posts, as to whether that is forthcoming, or in a reasonable time frame. Sounds like I'd better get on the stick and start shopping for an alternative camera setup and hope for the best on the back end! Thanks.

Comment

I am in the same boat. I have over 20 switches 8 outlet/modules 2 bulbs and a motion sensor. I have 15 more switches in my office waiting to be installed. I want to add a couple of cameras and a deadbolt and now it looks like everything is discontinued. My Insteon works great but it looks like the products are getting less instead of growing.

Is there a user friendly controller with app that I can blend Insteon with a camera system and maybe Kwickset deadbolts?

Comment

Just the isy w/zwave and mobilinc.

Comment

Is this very difficult to setup? Can 3 of us have it on or phones/ipad? Does a computer have to be hooked up and running all the time?

Comment

1. Take an Ethernet cable to connect the LAN port on the external PoE switch and the router. Then connect the router with the non-PoE NVR.
              2. Use Ethernet cables to connect all IP cameras to the PoE switch RJ45 ports. ...
              3. Use an HDMI cable or VGA cable to connect the monitor and the NVR.
              4. RapidFS
              Last edited by Manning47; 11-26-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

And, based on the posts, there seems to be some worry about whether that will happen soon or in a reasonable amount of time. Sounds like I should get moving and start looking for a different camera setup and hope for the best in the end.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-29-2023, 09:11 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X