AC Power Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Power Monitor

Hi, is there a device or plugin module for Insteon Hub for monitoring and notification of power failures? I don't see anything. I currently have a leak sensor.

Thanks,

Terry

There is nothing that Insteon makes for powerline failures. if you lose electricity the Hub would obviously not be operational.

There are options for monitoring power failures. Most require some type of 3G/4G service and battery so that it can notify you in case there is not internet service. There are also other services that look for heart beats from your network devices and alert you when the heart beat is not detected for a given period of time, which could indicate a power failure.

https://www.pumpalarm.com/power-failure-alarm/ - (example)

Comment

SeanM,

Thanks for the reply and the link. I realize there would be no power to the hub at the time of failure, but was thinking that possibly it could send a message after power recovery. Also, I have my hub, router and cable modem on a UPS, so it could potentially still send a message out if it was capable of sensing the failure. Does the hub log power failures, and is logging accessible?`

That pump alarm looks really interesting, thats why I’m asking the question is for a sump pump primarily. I also ran across this new Motorola device that looks very similar, gets excellent reviews, and is cheaper: https://motorolanetwork.com/mc4000.html

Thanks again,

Terry

Comment

Happy you may have found something that will work.

Ive heard talk about the Hub II logging events but I have not seen any documentation on how to pull the info. Probably something only available to the Insteon devs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tgarrity View Post
          Hi, is there a device or plugin module for Insteon Hub for monitoring and notification of power failures? I don't see anything. I currently have a leak sensor. MyBalanceNow

Thanks,

Terry
          Adding a capacitor can lower the problem. Try to do the following:

No current or tension on the circuit, so the arduino should measure 0 values.

Run a sketch that reads values and prints max and min values to serial monitor; you will see that values will not be zero as expected, those are interferences. Try and find a capacitor that can lower those values but don't exagerate.
          Last edited by Steven1355; 10-31-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

ultimately leading to more efficient, sustainable, and innovative solutions across various industries.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 01:04 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X