All lights turn on/off whenever a new scene is created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All lights turn on/off whenever a new scene is created

I have Insteon 2477D dimmers and every time I create a new scene all my 2477D dimmers turn on/off with the new scene even though they have never been added to the scene.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm using the Insteon Android phone app to create the scene. When the scene turns on/off the lights not in the scene the LED on those lights move up or down just as if someone had turned the lights on or off.

The steps I use to create the scene are:

1) In the app I go to "scenes".
    2) Then tap the "+" to create a new scene.
    3) Then I select a device.
    4) Tap "next".
    5) Tap "done".

Comment

Originally posted by lradden View Post
      When the scene turns on/off the lights not in the scene the LED on those lights move up or down just as if someone had turned the lights on or off.
      Do you mean that only the LEDs on the switches turn on and off or does the light connected to the switches also turn on and off?

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The lights turn off/on and their LEDs go up or down.

Comment

Delete the scene. Recreate the scene adding only one device. Control the scene. Do other non-scene devices respond? If not, then add one device to the scene at a time and test after each addition. What's the result?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That's the problem. The scene always has just one device in and it always turns all lights on/off and acts like I have all my lights in the scene but there is only one device in it. I've deleted and recreated the scene about 15 times and no matter what it always turns on/off all my other lights even though there is only one device in it and there has always only been one device in it.

For some reason the scenes always think I have all my devices in them when there is just one device.

Comment

Thanks for all the help you've been giving me I do appreciate it. I renamed the scene and then created a new one with just one device in it and when I turn the new scene off or on all my lights from my other dimmers still go off/on. For some reason adding a device to a scene still causes all my devices to turn off/on instead of just the one device in the scene. .

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
                What happens if you tap the paddle on the same device?
                If I just tap the paddles they all work fine and independent of each other.

The scene acts like I've added all my lights to it even though I've only added one. Some how scenes send RF codes that tell all my lights to respond to the scene even though I've only ever added the one light to the scene.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I thought I created a scene but I can't find it but when I put on a light manually all the lights in the scene go on. If I put the light on from the app they don't and I can't find the scene to delete. Help I'm going crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X