Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light not in scene comes on when turning scene on

Hello

I have 2 lights in a scene, one on a dimmer and the other on an on/off switch. I put those two into a scene and they come on and off just fine.

However, another light on another dimmer comes on and off with the scene. It comes on at around 50% brightness.

I've deleted the scene and set it up again, but the other light is still somehow linked. How do I troubleshoot this?

The dimmers are 2476Ds and the on/off rocker was purchased at around the same time. Until the recent purchase of my new hub (2245-222), I've been controlling them with X10 controllers.

Yes - I could turn that light on and off when the scene was off. All of my switches and dimmers have been in place for at least 5 years and have worked just fine.

Your steps to correct my issue worked perfectly! Thank you!!!

Comment

I have variation on this problem. I have two areas, my breakfast nook (with 3 2466SW switches) and my Foyer (with 2 2466SW switches). These two lights are not on the same run or circuit and the switches were professionally installed. Here's the problems:

1. WHen I physically turn on either of the foyer switches, it also turns on the breakfast nook light. Same when I turn off the foyer switches.
      2. Breakfast Nook switches will not physically turn on the foyer light, nor turn it off
      3. When I use my echo and say, "turn on breakfast nook," both breakfast nook and foyer lights come on. Same thing when I say "turn off breakfast nook lights."
      4. When I use echo to turn on/off foyer, only foyer lights come and not breakfast nook (at least that works ! )
      5. On my Insteon App, I have two scenes, one each for the breakfast nook and foyer with respective 2466SW switches
      6. My alexa app sees both scenes.
      7. I linked my individual switches to appropriate scene.
      8. I tried above procedure to try to start over but still comes back to me as described above.

I'm exasperated and out of ideas? Any thoughts please?
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X