Help troubleshooting schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshooting schedule

I'm seeking help troubleshooting a simple schedule. I have two light switches I can turn on/off with the Insteon app on my iPhone or the Insteon app for Windows 10. The switches also work manually. I can not get them to turn on or off using a schedule. My hub was recently replaced for this reason and the new hub has the same symptom. What are the troubleshooting steps when a schedule doesn't work? I've checked the time on the hub. I've changed the location of the hub, saved it, then changed it back. I tried scheduling just one device and also a scene with 2 devices but none of them come on or off at the designated time. What am I missing? Thanks for any help/guidance!

Update: - I scheduled just one device (light) to come on and it worked! So I guess now, I'll try scheduling the scene again.

Comment

Scheduling the devices works when using time but scheduling a scene does not work. Scene works manually but not with a schedule. Any suggestions for troubleshooting scene scheduling when a device schedule works OK? Insteon Hub 2245, iPhone app, switches are 2477S. Thanks!

Comment

Scheduling the switch device to come on at sunset worked properly tonight. Unfortunately, I cannot schedule two different devices to come on at sunset. That requires a scene and so far, I've not been successful scheduling a scene to turn on at sunset. Why would a device turn on at sunset but a scene wouldn't turn on? Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?

Comment

I finally called support and spoke with Christian. He was great and it took a while to resolve this issue. It turns out the first scene was corrupt, so it wouldn't schedule properly. Deleting the scene didn't solve the problem. Adding a second scene did solve the issue. the placeholder (memory location?) for scene #1 must have been the issue. New scenes, all with higher numbers, are scheduling fine now. Thanks to the Insteon support team for troubleshooting this unusual issue!

Comment

Working...
          X