Can Motion Detectors have a schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Motion Detectors have a schedule

Have 5 zones of outdoor lighting turning on at Sunset and love this setup with the simple hub. Have added a motion detector and would like it to be active after 11:00pm when the lights turn off. Can I schedule for the motion to trigger the lights only after 11:00pm? If I schedule it earlier than they will all turn off after the 15 minutes that the motion is scheduled to trigger for.

That depends on the particular Insteon manager you are using.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Using the app on the iPhone

Comment

What are you controlling with an iOS app--which app, MobiLinc, Homeboy, Intellihome, something else?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Insteon for Hub on the iPhone, basic hub, lots of in wall switches and the motion detector.

Comment

Not with the hub you can't. You would need something like the ISY994 which allow forr conditional logic

Comment

The lights turn on at sunset and off at 11:00pm. Is there any workaround for the motion detector to work with this setup after 11;00pm? If I set the motion detector to turn lights off after 15 minutes than the lights will turn off too early if activated around 9:00pm. There has to be a way......

Comment

There is no power near the motion detector, it is outside along the driveway.

Comment

If you can't control power to the MS, then the Hub cannot create a schedule for it. You'll need something more sophisticated than the Hub such as software or an ISY if a schedule is required.

Comment

Thank you Stu. I'm ready for the isy994i. Looks like it will do everything I am looking for. What iPhone app is best for controlling that hub? Do you know if there is a Mac interface for initial programming?

Comment

The ISY is OS independent. Only a browser is required or the Java interface (free download). Probably the best iPhone app for the ISY is Mobilinc.

Comment

I have the same issue and it seems like such a basic function. I would like to have the exterior lights on a schedule for the evening, then use motion only after we go to bed. Its so frustrating that such a function seems to be beyond the capability. I wish I knew this before I purhased the system.

Comment

It's not to late to purchase the property system for your needs. The ISY can do it as previously stated

Comment

Working...
                          X