Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED fixture will not brighten.

Hello,

We have spent hours trying to figure this out and can not. We are electrical contractors and have another electrical contractor installing Insteon devices in a home we are building. So far using 2477DIV in 2 way switches works correctly.

However, we have 2 each 2477HDIV in a 3 way switch configuration controlling 14 led fixtures drawing 18 watts each. We have programed the switches many times, did the factory resets etc. Everything works perfectly with regard to the switches except that the light fixtures are dimmed at about 10% of maximum and we can not brighten them. I unplugged all but one fixture and the fixture is still at about 10 percent brightness. Did another factory reset and reprogrammed according to the Insteon manual but the fixture is dim at 100% on both switches. If I plug the fixture into an extension cord it is 100 percent bright.

The lights work perfectly using two Leviton 3 way mechanical switches.

The leds on the switch faces are at max levels and the switch is accepting programming, etc., but we are frozen at 10% brightness at the fixtures.

Thank you,
    Mr Automate

Are you using an Insteon controller. Like a HUB or ISY994i to do the programming or manual set button links?

Check the LED fixtures specifications.
    They are made to be dimmed?
    Are they 120 volt bulbs or a low voltage with a power supply in the fixture?
    How many watts does the manufacturer say to count the fixture as? Many LED fixtures have an In-Rush and Repetitive Peek Input current. You could be over loading the 2477HDIV.
    I have a LSG LED Bulb and due to the current spikes. They say count each bulb like a 80 watt bulb when calculating total wattage on a dimmer.
    Last edited by BLH; 06-25-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

How many LEDs on the 2477D are lit? What is the result of a double-tap on the primary 2477D?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X