Led dimmable lamps are flickering when dimmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led dimmable lamps are flickering when dimmed

Hi. I have many circuits, each one controlled by Siwitchlinc dimmer or micro module dimmer, and connected each one to several Led bulbs (6w phillips dimmable bulbs).
    When i dim to low values, the lights start flickering. How can I solve this? I have a recommendation of installing a resistive load as an incandescent light bulb on each circuit. will this work? any other more technical solution?
    Thank You!!

Some dimmabe LED bulbs do flicker at low brightness levels. When used with a dimmer. Not just Insteon dimmers. Even some of the Lutron dimmers don't play nice with some model dimmable LED bulbs.
    You may want to try a small night light bulb added to the load. It may help but some LED bulbs just don't dim down to low levels with out pulsing or flickering.

Do you have the Phillips LED bulb model number? I may have seen some test information on it. As there are many reviewers that include flicker and pulsing in there reports.

As a test you could also try one different brand LED bulb and see if it acts similarly.
    Last edited by BLH; 11-04-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X