Programming 4 Scene mini-remote without physical access to responder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming 4 Scene mini-remote without physical access to responder

Hi I recently installed numerous micro motor controllers in my house to control motorised blinds, along with a hub.

I also purchased a number of "4 Scene mini remotes" to control the blinds. I had a number of particular uses in mind that all seem very sensible:
    a) press single remote button and open/close one blind,
    b) press a single remote button and open many blinds in one room (that each use different controllers)
    c) press single remote button to close (or open) all blinds in the house (for instance when I leave).

However I can not find a way to control a "Scene" using the remote without physically pressing the "Set" button on each responder. But the micro responders I have purchased are all for installation by an electrician in walls etc. so are not accessible. Some of the blinds are extremely high and very difficult to access (hence why they were motorised and controlled by Insteon!).

Also it would be ridiculously onerous and difficult to have to physically access each blind in the house to create a scene to close/open all blinds at once...

Can you please tell me how to program a scene on the remote with physical access to the device?

It is not in compliance the the NEC to install a line voltage device such as a Micro Module in a wall such that it is inaccessible.

HouseLinc can do what you want if you know the INSTEON IDs of the responders. So can an ISY.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X