General insteon question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General insteon question.

I hope this is the right place to put this.
    I have been out of the game for a little while now since insteon took a nose dive. My whole house is insteon. I have an isy994i/IR Pro (1110) with UD994 v5.3.4 firmware. I have rarely had any issues with my system and do like it.

When insteon was in chaos, I kind of pushed everything aside for the time being and hoped I didn't have any problems with any of my products. I was lucky, and nothing did happen, but the guy that I had put in over 30 switches and wall lamp modules has had over half of his products fail in the last 2 years. Well, he had an electrician install about 20 Lutron caseta switches, so he now has about 10 insteon switches left, with about 20 of the Lutron ones.

He is needing 2 more insteon switches replaced, plus 2 more regular switches taken out and replaced with either an insteon or Lutron switch. He is also needing some lamp modules too.

He is very leery of the insteon stuff since he has had such a high failure rate. How can I convince him other wise? I would like to use insteon since I am more familiar with it. Any advice.

The issue that I see with his insteon stuff is that it no longer seems to work with alexa anymore. Is there something I'm missing? He has the insteon hub and no isy994. Is there something that I don't know about with the hub since all the insteon fiasco happened. The guy I am referring to is a quadriplegic and the more automation the better, as long as it works. I try to help him out as much as I can as he is a a good friend.

Do I need to get a different hub? Is there a fee to make his switches etc. work with the hub? I am not that familiar with the hub, so that is why I ask here.
    Any advice or pointing in the right direction would be great. Thanks so much
    Last edited by ingeborgdot@yahoo.com; 04-03-2023, 08:22 AM.
Working...
X