Insteon Dimmer Switch not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Dimmer Switch not working

I have had Insteon Dimmer Switches for many years and my main hall lights are not working which are paired with 3 other switches. No matter which switch I use to tuen on the hall lights, the lights do not turn on. However they do turn on if I use the app on my iPhone. The blue lights do go up like normal when turning on. Any ideas what I need to do?

Try relinking them to each other using the app. Create a scene, add each device to the scene as both and link.

Comment

I did try but just keeps telling me they are already linked. It sure why they work using the app but do not work when I actually go to the switch and turn on by hand.

Comment

Do you think Dimmer Switches is best choice for this price?

Comment

Do you know the model of the dimmer switch.
          Years ago there was a run of 2476D/S switches. With a tact switch issue. You could push the local switch paddle and you could hear the switch click but it didn't make contact. So you could use a program to control it but locally it did not change state with the local paddles.

Comment

We'd love to help you with this, please contact us at Insteon support.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
              Try relinking them to each other using the app. Create a scene, add each device to the scene as both and link
              I think it's not possible
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:26 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Typically, the hot lead on my light switch boxes is black, and the line lead or traveler wire to another switch, the lamp box, or the outlet is yellow, blue, or red.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 01:20 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X