6-Button Keypad, Set On Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-Button Keypad, Set On Level

I have the 6-Button Keypad in our bedroom and it is linked to the fanlic module to control the ceiling fan and light. I want to dim the keypad On Level so it isn't so bright in the room at night. I have tried setting the ON Level for the keypad by hitting the gear on the device in the app, by setting it to 10%, but it doesn't stay or seem to work. Any suggestions on how to get the switch LEDs dimmer when they are ON?

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that many times with no success. I can’t get the keypad to beep when I press those buttons together. I have even tried holding those buttons for a little while to see if it will beep. Could the linking to the fanlinc cause it to not want to change modes? The local lock is not on. What other suggestions do you have?

Comment

I’m talking the button backlighting itself. When I push a button it illuminates, but it is very bright. Since it is in the bedroom I want the backlight to be dimmer. Since we use it to control the ceiling fan and light. The off button and fan off are normally lite. But they are very bright. I’d like that to be dimmer. When I push let’s say the fan high speed I want that button to illuminate but be dimmer and so for.

Comment

Yes it beeps when I link the keypad. The manual that was referenced up above states it will beep when you press the A and D button together. Either of the keypads I have will beep when I do that. I can't adjust the brightness of the LEDs either. I followed the steps in the manual but it doesn't work. Looking for help to get the LED Brightness dimmer. I have attached the picture from the manual and the description, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Need help on how to get it to work so I can dim the LEDs. I have the 2334-222 keypad. Not sure that makes any difference or not. I noticed the manual was for a different keypad. It looks like the instructions for the keypad LED brightness is the same, but I can't get it to work as the directions state.

​​
        Last edited by kbrower11; 12-28-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Really just verifying...

In the app you would want to make sure you are adjusting LED brightness for the backlight, not the on-level, which is for the attached load.

You will also want to verify that Local Programming Lock is not enabled in the app before you make any changes.

Other than that, after you tap both A and D simultaneously on the 6-button, or C and F and an 8-button, you might try holding down On (brighter), or Off (dimmer), to see if there are any changes to the back light. (This is how I learned) After you verify that the process works you can try to fine tune it.

Comment

Working...
          X