Will Insteon and Lutron work together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Insteon and Lutron work together?

Previous home had 69 Insteon devices. New home came with several Lutron Caséta devices, Ring st the front door, MyQ garage door system, Hydrawise irrigation system, Ecobee T-Stat, and several Alexa controllers. I added 3 Samsung TVs and 1 Vizio TV.

Is Insteon compatible with any of this? I brought a few Insteon keypads and light dimmers. I am familiar with programming Insteon system.

If you have a controller that supports all of those things then yes Insteon can work with them

Comment

Universal Devices Polisy controller. Their hardware is bulletproof. I've had a 994i controller in continuous use for about 10 years. There was a period of about 3-4 years when I didn't log into it, upgrade the software, etc., and it just kept going. The 994i was focused on Insteon only, but the Polisy manages everything you mentioned, except maybe the irrigation or TVs. The 994i requires a serial PLM modem and the Polisy requires the USB PLM modem to work with Insteon. The controller logic treats Insteon, z-wave, Lutron, irrigation, all the same. You can use a z-wave motion sensor to turn on an Insteon or Lutron light.

Comment

I think I figured it out.

Comment

I have tried and it's worked.
          basket random

Comment

Originally posted by depthfive View Post
            I have tried and it's worked.
            What did you do?

Comment

Working...
            X