2487 key pad programing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2487 key pad programing

I have a insteon 2487s keypad and some on off switches. I program the switch to the keypad and all the lights do what they are supposed to including the keypad making the green light on the switch go off. I have 2 on off switches hooked up but neither one will turn on with the keypad. The lights will light by using the switch-- What am I doing wrong?

This is what I am doing. After resetting the switch and keypad, I turn the rocker on and then have someone push the button on the the bottom. I can hear the relay on the keypad click. I then push the B button to highlight it then I push the button on the bottom. Do I have the sequence correct?

Comment

Thank you very much!!! It is so simple. I would add to # 4 Turn on switch to light light. Maybe you could recommend insteon put it in their instruction sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by jp1gt View Post
        Thank you very much!!! It is so simple. I would add to # 4 Turn on switch to light light. Maybe you could recommend insteon put it in their instruction sheet.
        The quick start guide that comes with the keypad (and full manual)already says to set the responder to your desired level prior to linking

Comment

I have a related question. I have a 6 key dinner keypad. Somehow I have linked button C to the ON button, It is not intended to control anything presently, and I do not want it on when the ON button is pressed. If I push the ON button, C also comes on. I have not been able to unlink it

Comment

Assuming that the On button controls C, but C does not control the On button:
            • Tap the On button so it lights up
            • Press and hold the set button down for 3-5 seconds until it beeps and let go (linking mode/flashing green)
            • Press and hold the set button again for another 3-5 seconds and let go (unlinking mode/flashing red)
            • Press and hold the C button down for ten 10-12 seconds
            • The keypad should flash and the On button should stop blinking
            • Check and make sure that On no longer controls C.

if C also controls On just do the reverse as well.

Comment

Working...
            X