2477D - Uncommanded OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477D - Uncommanded OFF

We've got many 2477D dimmer switches, installed roughly three years ago, and a 2245-222 Hub. Recently two of the lights have started going off, uncommanded. I've tried rebooting the Hub. I've run with the Hub unpowered. I've charged and reset the two Mini Remotes that are also used. But the uncommanded lights off behaviour continues.

We haven't added any new electronics or appliances since before the issues started, and I have not been able to correlate the issues to anything yet.

Is this behaviour a known failure mode? One of the sets of lights in question is often run dimmed, and the electrical box which contains the controlling switch is quite tightly packed. Could this lead to the switch overheating and shutting down?

I'm looking for advice on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Thanks

I also have the same situation
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-29-2023, 09:09 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Maybe just for testing purposes, why don’t you remove the cover plate and have a small fan blow air on it for a day or two and see if it happens again.

Comment

Working...
      X