Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Hidden Door Sensor Discounted now too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hidden Door Sensor Discounted now too!

I was doing some shopping during the Insteon 30% off sale and really wanted more Insteon micro dimmer modules. They website always said they were "Sold Out". I finally emailed Smarthome support and asked them if they'd be back in stock in time for the sale. They responded they have been discontinued (See other thread found here). Great!

So I replied that I also see the hidden door sensors (which I own several and wanted a couple more) were also listed as "Sold Out". Their response:

For the mini-remote switch wall mounts and hidden door sensors, those were discontinued.

The mounts have plans out there for 3D printing such as the one below.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2834483

The hidden door sensors simply were not something that sold very well compared to their traditional open close sensor counterpart.
    We may consider bringing them back at a later time.
    WHAT IS GOING ON with Insteon?!! This is very scary to me. I can't easily just switch brand name products, what with 45+ devices in my entire home that is powered by Insteon. But...WTF?

Not to mention their "Beta" Android app is STILL in beta and hasn't been touched in months, has all kinds of issues, and still doesn't support a bunch of their very own products. All signs point to bad things on the horizon...

Surprised you actually got a response of any kind. Bug reporting and feedback of any kind has been a black hole for me.

Comment

Dang, my title should have been "Discontinued". Hate making spelling/grammar mistakes!

Comment

Early last year. The former owners of Smart home closed the company down completely.
        It was reopened later last year by some of the employees.
        So now it is a completely different company.
        I have see a white paper on what is going to be available again and a expected release date.
        So they are again in business but I expect not all of the older former companies modules will again be made.

Comment

I have two of the Hidden Door Sensors that have never been used. I opened one to test it with a pair of sliding closet doors by just holding it against the door frame and pulling the door closed. Unfortunately the spring in the sensor was strong enough to easily push the door back open! So they were useless for what I bought them for. I even put the pull tab on the battery back in place, on the one I tested with, so the batteries on both of them should still be good. I'd be happy to sell them to you for $30 each and $5 for shipping within the continental U.S..

Comment

Thank you for this discount. This was so good. 9WSYR
            Last edited by Pruejo; 03-29-2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

It's understandable to feel concerned and frustrated when products you rely on are discontinued or out of stock. Insteon may be going through a transitional period, which can happen with any company. It's possible that they are streamlining their product line or focusing on newer technology. It's also possible that they may bring back certain products in the future if there is enough demand.

Regarding the Android app, it's not uncommon for beta versions to have issues and for updates to take longer than expected. However, it's important for Insteon to address these issues in a timely manner to ensure the best user experience possible.

If you're concerned about the future of Insteon and the impact on your home automation system, it may be worth considering alternative options or reaching out to Insteon directly for more information on their plans for the future.

Comment

Early last year. The former owners of Smart home closed the company down completely .It was reopened later last year by some of the employees. So now it is a completely different company. So they are again in business but I expect not all of the older former companies modules will again be made.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:07 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Great news! The Insteon Hidden Door Sensor is now available at a discounted price! Don't miss out on this amazing offer to enhance your home security. The Insteon Hidden Door Sensor is designed to discreetly monitor your doors and provide instant alerts if they are opened or closed. Upgrade your home security today with the Insteon Hidden Door Sensor and protect your loved ones and valuables.
                  Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:06 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                  X