Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't disassociate a switch from Motion Sensor 2842-222

Hello,

I have a Motion Sensor 2842-222 that was (and is) associated with one of my Insteon switches (2466SW). When I moved houses and redid all my Insteon stuff I didn't unlink the switch from the motion sensor. Now that I want to associate the sensor with something else, it still keeps controlling the old switch.

I had successfully added the motion sensor back to the Insteon app and got it controlling a scene, but to reiterate, it still controls the old switch.

I have tried the following to fix the situation
    • Removed sensor from Insteon app (also removed it from all scenes)
    • Removed old switch from all (also removed it from all scenes)
    • Performed a factory reset on the old switch following steps here
    • Performed a factory reset on the motion sensor following steps here
    Without adding anything back into the house setup, the motion sensor is still controlling the old switch.

The jumper settings for the motion sensor are as follows:
    • J1 - ON
    • J2 - OFF
    • J3 - OFF
    • J4 - ON
    • J5 - ON
    Except for the fact that my old switch is the (old) type that doesn't beep, I'm pretty sure I reset it correctly. I pulled out the switch for 5 second and then pressed it in for at least 10 seconds, maybe longer just to be sure.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get this switch and sensor to stop working together so I can use the motion sensor for something else?

Thanks

Underneath the factory reset instructions of the motion sensor: * If you do not unlink, your responder will to continue to respond to Motion Sensor even after factory reset procedure is complete.

Unlinking steps
    1. Press and hold the set button on the motion sensor for 5 seconds and let go (linking mode) the front LED/PIR should be blinking
    2. Press and hold the set button on the motion sensor again for 5 seconds and let go (unlinking mode) the front LED/PIR should be blinking
    3. Go to the switch and press and hold its set button down for 5 seconds and let go. All LEDs/PIR should stop blinking

Verify the motion sensor no longer controls the switch.

Comment

That fixed my issue, thanks for the detailed steps!

Comment

Working...
      X