Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load sense on 2477S relay switch

HI,

I have a string of leds christmas lights connected to a 2477S relay switch and when off you can still see a faint light ouput from the Leds. I didnt think this switch had load sense option on it and dont see a way to disable it either.

Is there any reason why this switch doesnt turn the load completelly off?

Mike

Depends on the design of the 2477S.
    The FCC photos are not detailed enough to see if the relay contacts has a snubber network across them.
    If it does. There will be a small current through the snubber when the switch is off. To keep some low current devices like LEDs glowing softly.

Comment

This is a brand new switch and wiring so not from any previous installation. The switch and led lights s about 350ft from the house and I can see the faint lights. Its not a wiring problem as I can guarantee if i put a regular switxh in there that this faint light would not happen. There seems to be some bleeding going on just like other load sense modules so not sure if this is manufacturing issue or not.

Comment

You could call Customer Support and ask them about it.
        As I mentioned if it has a Snubber network across the relay contacts. When it is off a small amount of current will pass through the Switch form Line to Load. I don't have any of them so I cant dissect one or see if I can see any small leakage current when Off.

Comment

I hope my statement was not read wrong.
          I did not want the user to dissect one. Especially if they are not electronically inclined and loose the two year warranty.
          I was an Insteon hardware nut and use to buy modules just to take them apart and see how they where constructed.

Comment

Ill call support and see what they have to say. I could take it apart and take a look but not going to do that as this shouldnt happen in the first place if this device does not have load sense option on it. I personally have no use for the load sense option in any of the devices.

Comment

I agree with BLH if the 2477S is directly controlling the load.

Every smart switch I have worked with has a small electrical bleed, larger with dimmers, and this just seems like the draw from the lights is low enough to brighten your LEDs when off. You could try adding another string of lights to create a higher draw so they hopefully don't illuminate when off.

Comment

Working...
              X