Unable to sync the 2487S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to sync the 2487S

Kindly help me with a very basic question. I've downloaded the HomeLinc Definitions 2.9.87 which is supposed to resolve this issue. What do I do with this XML file? How does it interact with HomeLinc 2.10.25? Being computer knowledge impaired I appreciate someone walking me through this.

That information use to be in an Insteon help page. That now gives a error as not found.
    I will see if I have an archived copy. If no one else can give you the information.

Comment

I could not find the printed information on doing it.

This is from my old Windows XP computer where I still have Houselinc installed.

Basically you have to copy the Houselinc Definitions 2.9.87.xml file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data\Smartlabs\Houselinc folder.

Found this. About half way down the page. Is the instructions on updating the xml file.
      https://www.insteon.com/support-know.../tag/HouseLinc
      Last edited by BLH; 09-21-2020, 04:17 AM. Reason: Add some information

Comment

BLH,

Many thanks for your advice, I greatly appreciate it. My application is unusual; I turned a Boeing 707 engine inlet from the aircraft boneyard into an art object controlled by HomeLinc. I guess product support now depends on tribal knowledge.

John

Boeing 707 Inlet.png
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a unique use of a boneyard find.
          Hope you can get the module working.

Comment

Boeing 707 Engine Controller.jpg Success!... thank you. The Insteon 2486SWH6, shown here, failed and was replaced by the 2487S. It ramps up a powerful carwash vacuum cleaner motor and LED lighting over 30 seconds to simulate jet engine start.
            Attached Files

Comment

I find that one of the small buttons requires two pushes in sequence to activate, which I did not program and find no reference too. Any ideas?

Comment

I don't have any ideas on the need for a double push on one of the buttons.
                Glad you got the latest devices file loaded OK.

Comment

Duh... I had the switch set to Toggle, not On... hence the double push required. This is known as a finger problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X