Micro Modules discontinued - Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Modules discontinued - Now What?

Hello people, I have use micro modules (on/off, dimmer, open/close) before with great success. I used the them when in a room I have several set of lights and controlled them via 8 or 6 button keypads, this solution has worked for me as charm. Now that I have a new house project with over 60 lights setup I find that the micro modules are discontinued, so I ask you gurus, how can I now control the other set of lights from a keypad without the good old Micro modules? Switches, Din rail? Both are not very functionable. Please help!

Where did you read discontinued?
    On the Smarthome Sales pages they are marked as Sold Out not discontinued. There is a tab to get an Email message when back in stock.
    That does not mean the status could be changed to discontinued. As some other modules have been labeled.

Comment

Hi, received the news from a Smarthome customer agent. He says that Insteon does not have a date and that they are not reincorporating the item to stock In the near future.

Comment

Thank you for the added information.

Comment

I just confirmed the same thing. As of today they still do not know if they will bring the micro modules back. I had plans for them, but now am considering different options all together because wall switches don't work for every application!

Comment

Insteon Customer Service told me today that the micro modules have been discontinued. This is putting me in a bind until I figure out another option in a crowded box.

Comment

Thanks for the added information.
              run 3 free

Comment

Just found this out yesterday! I was Black Friday shopping with their 30% off sale, buying a bunch of things I've been waiting for. One of those were a couple more of the micro-dimmer switch module. I was planning to add a couple of recessed lights near my fireplace and wire these up with them, tapping off power in the attic easily. And then using an Insteon mini remote single scene switch on the wall to control them. Super easy. I contacted Smarthome support asking when they'd be back in stock, and if they'd made it before the sale was over. They responded:

The units were discontinued earlier this year due to limited sales. We may consider bringing them back in at a later date, but at this time there is no direct replacement available.
                Now what?!!

What worries me even more is that I am currently using 4 of these in my master bathroom to control various lights and the fan. I have a main Insteon Switchlinc for the main lights to easily hit when you walk in, and then next to that I have a 6 button Keypad that controls all of these micro dimmer modules that are located in the attic in junction boxes. What happens when these fail!? Ughhh.

Anyone have any alternatives to get the same design with another product (even different brand)?

Comment

I ended up just using a regular dimmer switch to replace an inline one. I don’t like doing that, but I don’t see it so whatever...

Comment

Yes, the support person recommended that I just use a Switchlinc dimmer instead. My plan was to add a junction box in my attic that would have contained the micro module. I think it would be quite bizarre to have a switch in my attic that controls a set of lights down below, even if the intended affect is the same. I hope they bring them back at some point...

Comment

In case anyone from Insteon/Smarthome is paying attention, I find the discontinuance of the micro modules very disconcerting both because of the loss of the functionality and, more importantly, the signal that support for Insteon generally may be fading away.

Comment

Working...
                      X