wondering if my I/O link 2450 is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wondering if my I/O link 2450 is dead

I have a spare that I am trying to use to operate another garage door on back side of garage.
    Currently it will not close or open door when I press the set button.
    Brought unit inside , held set button down and plugged in until beeping quit, about 5 seconds, press set button again but LED will not flash in order to set up to hub. The other 2450 I have works great for front overhead door.
    Any ideas? thanks

When you held the Set Button and powered it up, until the beeping stopped?
    When you released the Set Button did it double beep and the LED on the side is glowing dimly?

Comment

what I did
      hold set button
      plugged in
      long steady beep for 4 seconds or so
      when done beeping I released
      white LED light up for 1 second with a single beep and goes out
      nothing else, no double beep

Comment

That doesn't sound like the proper operation after a Factory Reset.
        Even my original V1.0 I/OLinc modules beep twice and the LED is on dimly.

Comment

It must be toast.
          When I go to just plug it in the white LED very dimly flashes for a split second and that's all the unit does, I can hold the set button for 3 sec. and nothing happens.
          I don't even recall the beeper making a constant sound fo3 4 seconds or so when doing a fact reset.
          Thanks

Comment

Sounds like the power supply has a problem.
            Since it is a switching type supply. I suspect the filter capacitor has gone bad.

Comment

I might open again, opened a couple days ago and took a quick look for anything obvious.
              I am not an electronic wiz, but the larger black caps did not look swelled

Comment

I would suspect C7 the most. It is the filter capacitor for the switching power supply and the one that was changed in later revisions. Should be rated to be used in a switching supply.
                My V1.0 has a 10uF/25V, V1.8 10uF/50V mounted horizontally for fit size and V2.3 220uF/50V mounted horizontally.
                The others are the same size and voltage in all my revisions.

Comment

Thanks for that info, it does have the 220uF/50V and it looks fine and not bulged.
                  May have to try and find a place and order a couple and try.
                  If my only option is ordering in bulk I may just buy the last switch at Menards for $39 on clearance.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Well I changed the cap at C7 and it still reacts the same way so I guess its time for the landfill..
                    Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X