Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2447D Dimmer "On" Value in App vs. Local Set value

Hi,

Been doing the Insteon thing and loving so far (not the wallet), but ran into a snag with a 2447D Dimmer Switch on an overhead light. We switched from a ceiling fan, with 4 bulbs, to a nice wagon wheel chandelier that has 12. Even with 4W leds, 100% on makes the room seem like we're at a stadium. Setting to 40% is perfect. Following the PDF spec, having the local level set is simple and works. However, using the Insteon Android app or Google Home always sets to 100%. Is there a way to have this remembered, without utilizing a scene, using the Android app and Google Home, as well? I did setup a scene in the app but wondering if this is possible.

Thanks!

If I had to make a feature request, it'd be nice to have this set somewhere, like how "local" is on the app itself (screenshot below). So, do you address via Google Home with "Hey Google, set fixturename to 30%" vs saying turn on?

lOfGrCU.png
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stickypad View Post
      Hi,

Been doing the Insteon thing and loving so far (not the wallet), but ran into a snag with a 2447D Dimmer Switch on an overhead light. We switched from a ceiling fan, with 4 bulbs, to a nice wagon wheel chandelier that has 12. Even with 4W leds, 100% on makes the room seem like we're at a stadium. Setting to 40% is perfect. Following the PDF spec, having the local level set is simple and works. However, using the Insteon Android app or Google Home always sets to 100%. Is there a way to have this remembered, without utilizing a scene, using the Android app and Google Home, as well? I did setup a scene in the app but wondering if this is possible.

Thanks!
      You must use the app to set your device state not locally as the app is unaware of your settings. A scene is not needed to do this

Comment

Working...
      X