Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown device showing up, switching on/off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown device showing up, switching on/off?

In the last couple of days a new, unnamed device has shown up in my Insteon system. The device ID is 3A.34.A0 and reports via the log that is is being turned off and then back on every second. I have no such device. I have checked every outlet in my house and I can account for all my devices. Nothing is plugged into my external power outlets. I went through the discovery process and named the device, then tried to control it myself to see if I could, but while it does get added to the database as a Lamplinc, it doesn't respond to controls. The log shows it continuing to be on/off every second. No work on my house, no changes to any wiring, no new devices. I've never seen this kind of behavior before. Any suggestions on how to locate this phantom? I live in a single family, detached home. Could this device be somewhere outside my home? At a neighbors? It is flooding my log (and my network) with these on/off status updates, which is interfering with my own programmed actions.

Any new electrical devices added to the home around the same time the false messages started?
    Things like new battery charger, appliance with an electronic controls, new LED bulb installed.
    I would also say start disconnecting electrical devices until you find something.

Comment

Unplugged every Insteon device, the signal was still there, so it's not anything I know about. After two days it just disappeared. I guess my neighbor gave up!

Comment

Working...
      X