Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close garage if Open scene

Hello,

I have the garage controller set up. currently if I select open or close it triggers the relay for .5 seconds to trigger the garage door. I also have the sensor set so that it shows red (active) when the door is open and grey (off) when it is closed.

I would like to set up a scene when daily at like 8PM if the sensors shows the door is open to trippger the relay and close it. If the sensor shows closed to not to anything.

I figured out how to set up the scene but it will trigger regardless if the door is open or closed so it will basically open the door if it is closed.

Is there anyway to do this in the insteon app?

Not in the Insteon app. You would need something like an ISY-994i controller so set that up.

Comment

Is ther anyway to set that on using an online service like IFTTT?

Comment

what about using alexa and the insteon integration? Alexa has the Routines

Comment

The IO Linc isn't able to be controlled directly through Alexa and I also have not seen anything with IFTTT for this. The only work around I've seen is putting the Io Linc into a scene with the ISY-994i and controlling the scene.

I did see that the MyQ garage door openers do work with IFTTT and can operate on a schedule if that's what you need but it would not alert you if you left the garage door open.

Maybe someone else will chime in with some better ideas?

Comment

Someone brought this up in another forum for Insteon alerts on open garage doors: https://www.domotinc.com/domotinc-customs/

It is a board that allows you to get alerts if your garage door is still open after a set time. 5-75min. Still missing the ability to schedule the action after a certain time though and it requires a second IO Linc.

Comment

Working...
            X