Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help

Hello everyone

i just want to know if i can link 3 swithlinc 2477D to each other meaning all the 3 switches controlling the same set of recessed lights
    Does the switch work without its hub ?(alexa)

thank you

Hi Mack. I hope you will get more responses, but wanted to assure you that even with my limited knowledge, what you want to do is quite possible. Essentially, the Insteon devices can operate independently of a Hub, or with it (for schedules primarily).

What you need to do depends slightly on whether there are already 3 regular switches wired in that you need to disconnect - but I will bypass that discussion for now and just mention how the result should appear.

Basically you would end up with one of the 2477 providing power to the light when it is turned on. The other two are simply "trigger" switches which connect with the power switch to turn the light on and off as well. The trigger switches have their "load" wire capped off. So their black wire is connected to continuous power, their white to neutral and the copper lead connected to earth.

The manual linking is quite well explained in the available paperwork that comes with the switch or is availble at http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2477D-en.pdf

Basically each 2477 needs to be set as a controller and responder with each other. It will be a bit tedious but works. When they are all linked that way, either of the trigger switches sends a control signal to the power switch to turn on the light (which also, of course turns on the little LED in the switch so you can see it is on). It also sends a signal to the other trigger switch so that it know to turn on its LED. If you turn on the Power switch, it sends signals to each of the triggers to tell them to turn on their LED tell-tales too.

I have created several "two switch" virtual circuits to replace hard-wired ones. The most difficult part for me was disconnecting the old ones and knowing what wires were what!

I hope this helps a bit.

Comment

It can be done. Simply link all the switches together according to the manual that comes in the box. Make sure all switches are turned on during the linking process. You do not need an insteon hub to do this but it does make it easier

Comment

Working...
      X