Manual for 2876SB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual for 2876SB?

It appears that the full user manual for the 2876SB ICON on/off switch has been comprehensively scrubbed off the Internet.

Does anyone have a copy they can send me? I need to perform a factory reset on mine, and this time I'm going to keep a copy on my computer.

Thank you.

I have one but don't know if I can find a way to send it.

Resetting Icon On/Off Switch to Its Factory Default Settings
    The factory reset procedure can be used to clear Icon On/Off Switch’s memory and restore its
    factory default settings. This procedure will clear the unit of all INSTEON Links, and any
    programmed X10 Primary Address.

3. Before resetting a Icon On/Off Switch that has been linked to an INSTEON Controller, be sure
    to unlink it from the Controller first. See Unlinking Icon On/Off Switch from an INSTEON
    Controller above.

4. If you are using Icon On/Off Switch to control any INSTEON Devices other than the light it is
    wired to, unlink those Devices from Icon On/Off Switch. See Unlinking a Controlled INSTEON Device
    from Icon On/Off Switch, above.

5. Press and hold the Paddle Top for 10 seconds -- then release.

6. Tap the SET Button all the way in -- then release.

7. Push the SET Button all the way in and hold for 10 seconds -- then release.

8. A few seconds after you release the SET button, Icon On/Off Switch will turn the light it is
    wired to fully ON, indicating that the factory reset is complete. Icon On/Off Switch is now reset
    to all the default settings and ready for fresh programming and use.

Comment

I have a later manual that covered the newer 2876SB with the Air Gap Switch.

One they removed the Insteon labels from and called them an X10 module. Though they still function fine as no firmware was changed. You just had to figure out its six digit Insteon ID.

1)
      Gently pull the Set button at the bottom of the paddle out as far as it will go (about 1/8 inch)
      to remove all power to X10 Wall Switch
      The LED and the load will turn off

2)
      Wait 10 seconds, and then push the Set button in as far as it will go, making sure not to let up on the Set button
      X10 Wall Switch will beep and flash its LED once
      The load will turn on

3)
      Continue to hold down the Set button for 3 seconds, and then release
      A few seconds after you release the Set button, X10 Wall Switch will double-beep and flash its LED once

Last edited by BLH; 04-24-2020, 04:14 AM. Reason: Find and add information

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
        I have a later manual that covered the newer 2876SB with the Air Gap Switch.

One they removed the Insteon labels from and called them an X10 module. Though they still function fine as no firmware was changed. You just had to figure out its six digit Insteon ID.

1)
        Gently pull the Set button at the bottom of the paddle out as far as it will go (about 1/8 inch)
        to remove all power to X10 Wall Switch
        The LED and the load will turn off

2)
        Wait 10 seconds, and then push the Set button in as far as it will go, making sure not to let up on the Set button
        X10 Wall Switch will beep and flash its LED once
        The load will turn on

3)
        Continue to hold down the Set button for 3 seconds, and then release
        A few seconds after you release the Set button, X10 Wall Switch will double-beep and flash its LED once
        Thanks for sharing such an amazing Blog.

Comment

Working...
        X